Friday, October 17, 2008

Jordan Cove

I lived here for years in a small cape house at the end of a lane. It was owned by my employer. It is my most favorite place in the world (although I haven't seen much of the world). The large rock to the right I called "Bird
Rock" because of the cormorants that perched there. In the winter, it froze over and kids from across the cove would play hockey. When the tide came in under the ice, you could hear the ice cracking all down the cove. We had ospreys, hawks, egrets, many kinds of ducks and nesting swans. The game warden would addle the swan eggs to prevent more cygnets hatching. Actually, they weren't very friendly and would attack boaters to protect their young.
I entered this autumn panorama in a photography contest at work and got the Best-in-Show ribbon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: