Thursday, February 19, 2009

Green-up Time!

We'll soon be easing into spring. We've been having rain and mixed precipitation for a couple of days with daytime temps above freezing. Those piles of snow that were so beautiful are now a gritty, muddy heap. There are more wintry days ahead, I know, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Some of the first green will be the ferns. I found this old slide and was able to print it out. I think I should not have sharpened the picture so much. The flocks of birds that spent so much time in the back yard are going about their little lives elsewhere. They show up now and then. The cardinals still come at dusk. I won't put my winter coat and boots away!.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had several days with high temps in the 50s and 60s. It felt like spring was on the way. And the daffodils are coming up. But today it's windy and very very cold. I think we're going to have snow this weekend.

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Spring can't get here fast enough for me. The few warm days we had made me yearn for a permanent spring.
Mary