Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kodak Brownie No.2

This was Mother's camera, given to her, I think, in 1910. She was 16 years old. She began to record life on the farm. All pictures and negatives were carefully saved. She continued taking photos until Kodak stopped producing film in that size. A roll had eight pictures. The negative size was maybe 2 3/4 inches by 41/2. I guess most pictures were printed as contact prints. My sister's and my childhoods are all there. Our hair styles changed as we got older. My sister never cut her hair and still hasn't to this day. I was given what was called a "shingle" which was not a pretty style. Here we are in, ( I guess I'm dating myself here), 1930 and 1931. Picture taking rules for us were: Sunny days only. Stand facing the camera and looking into the sun. Smile. My sister and I fought constantly but you'd never know it. We usually stood holding hands. The farm photos have been passed on, along with the camera to a cousin still living on the farm.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

ELAINE ERIG said...

That´s is a cool blog!!!!!!

ELAINE ERIG said...

That´s cool blog!!!!

Linda said...

Cameras sure have changed over the years, haven't they?

My two girls fight all the time, too, but you'd never know it from their pictures either! In that respect, some things never change!

SquirrelQueen said...

The photos are great, and you both look so sweet and innocent.
That camera is great, glad to hear it is still in the family and safe. We have two old cameras that belonged to my husband's mother, they are so interesting.

Have a great day,
SQ

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos and memories!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

It's nice that you have pictures to bring back memories of your childhood. The camera is a real collectors item.